My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Note to Angry Muslims: I'm not Catholic!!

Please. These fanatics are really dancing on my last nerve. Firebombing churches, killing a nun. (May she rest in peace.)

Most of the targets they have hit and plan to hit aren't even Catholic:

"A previously unknown Islamic group calling itself "The Army of Guidance" pledged Tuesday to strike at Christian targets in the Gaza Strip in retaliation for the remarks. "Every place relevant to Christians will be a target," said a statement from the group. "This will be until the accursed infidel, the Vatican, apologizes to Muslims."

You know, I'm not a big fan of the Vatican, either. But I'd say that the Pope was right on target when he alluded to that passage in the Quran, in which Mohammed commanded "spreading the faith by the sword." (Of course, the fact that it was condemned by the Vatican of all entities is a little like, uh, the pot calling the kettle black...)

When he quoted a medieval text which opined that such commandments are evil and inhuman, he was right!! They are! After the recent firebombings and killing, if there was ever any doubt in my mind that these people or their beliefs were "evil and inhuman," then they have certainly proved the point now, beyond a shadow of doubt! So thanks, fanatics, for making the point crystal clear! Now go home and sit down!!!

I've heard that in Israel, one can sometimes find graffiti in Arabic that says, roughly translated: "Today, the Saturday Observant; Tomorrow, the Sunday Observant."

Well. Since apparently I'm screwed any way you look at it, I'll take this opportunity to tell these crazies how I really feel:

YOUR ACTIONS AND RELIGION ARE EVIL AND INHUMAN.
There. I feel much better now. I've been holding that in for a long time. Thank you, jihadists et al, for giving me the appropriate justification for airing my feelings. After all, I figure that if you're going to target me anyway, I'd rather be targeted for a stand I've actually taken.
Sincerely yours,
Yaakova,
the "Sabbath-Observant Christian"
(In case you fanatics haven't bothered to read my other blog)
(On second thought, please don't bother reading it. I don't think it's your cup of tea, so to speak. Not enough violence for your taste.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Yaakova said...

Deyl-
Amen! I listened to the intro to the sermon, and I loved it! I applaud your pastor for speaking the truth to the congregation.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home