My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Monday, September 25, 2006

Shame!

I feel guilty for not keeping my promise to post the weekly cocktail party experience. Sorry!
It just doesn't feel right to post about excess, gluttony and shallow conversation in the midst of the High Holy days. (Of course, that hasn't stopped anyone else from posting about their shamelessly culinary-based holiday!)
I tried to finish the post, but it made me feel ashamed of all the wastefulness and ashamed of being unappreciative of all I've received from G-d. So I'll try and write something witty and wry very soon. But not tonight.
Another reason is that I'm writing this in bed, with one index finger (and the occasional thumb), because my big cat is lying on my other hand.
:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Tut tut tut... you are letting us down now Yaakova
:P

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

Guilty as charged! Glutunous, true but obvious no waste here!!
We'll keep watching and reading.:)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home