My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Who is this?



Here is the Yaakova caricature!

I don't think it looks like me at all, apart from the hair. And the necklace. And the eyebrows. And eyes. And perhaps the cheekbones and wide forehead.

Okay, it does look like me. Except the nose and chin. I don't know whose shiksa nose that is, but it definitely is not mine!

5 Comments:

Blogger Baleboosteh said...

I think its great! - even though I don't actually know what you look like! lol!

Hee hee hee...You are such a crack - the bit about your nose cracked me up!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

I thought caricatures are supposed to be silly. That is a nice drawing.
In my high school, many of the Jewish girls paid a lot of money to get THAT shiksa nose!
I, being both a chicken and cheap, have opted to keep my father's bulbous tip and the slight bump!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Mia- thanks! It was drawn at the party I posted about yesterday.

BB- I think it makes me look fat!

Maureen- It's true, I don't "look" Jewish (if there is such a thing). I look just like my dad, who is of Scottish and Dutch ancestry. My mom, on the other hand... got a nose job. :)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

I don't look "Jewish" (whatever that is) either. I look European. Most people think I am of Italian descent (I do LOVE Italy and my dream is to retire in Venice!!)but I am of Russian and Polish heritage. I have my dad's dark hair and eyes (and nose) and pretty much the rest of my mom's features. When we were little, my brother always tried to tease me and say I was adopted. Just looking at us and our parents and it is obvious we are not! Unless of course our biological parents looked just like our adoptive parents (or vice-versa)!!!!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home