My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Sukkah: Construction Phase

Well, what can I tell ya...
I've discovered something long suspected: there's a reason I didn't go into engineering.
It's slow going, building this sukkah by myself. But to tell the truth, it's probably better that I figure it out alone: I only have myself to argue with this way!!

Shopping at Home Depot and bringing the various components home was easy. Now I've been sitting and staring at the lumber and brackets for 43 minutes, trying to figure out the most secure way to assemble it. And wishing someone would tell me how to do it. There must be a sukkah "how-to" website somewhere...

I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

You crack me up! I like to think I, too, am handy. The "I think" is the operative phrase here! When I am in doubt I have a few standard tools I rely on:
1. PUSH PINS
2. SUPER GLUE
3. DUCT TAPE
I don't think any of those ideas will help you much here, but I am a giver!!!!!
I agree with the call John part (or the gardener)
Good Luck!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

BTW, if you google "how to build a sukkah" you will get lots of sites to check out! Gotta love google!
Put a picture on of your finsihed version.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home