My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Thursday, October 26, 2006

An Enchanted Evening

Tonight I went to such a great party! It was another Realtor reception, but it had a Halloween theme. I actually attended it because the menu was so creative! They had all this ghoulish stuff that was really amazingly presented, and the party was one of the best events I've been to. It didn't hurt, either, that I won $100 in cash, and got a Starbucks gift certificate to boot. :)

As I was touring the model home just prior to heading off to the second party of the evening, a man followed me upstairs and into the master suite. He looked good, so I thought, what's the harm in talking a little? He introduced himself as Alain, and we had a really good time laughing and talking about real estate. He's cosmopolitan and smart, and did I mention good looking? When I was ready to go, he wanted to talk more, so I invited him to the next party. We spent more time together, and he noticed my Hebrew necklace pendant and asked if I know how to read it. (BTW, translated, my pendant says "God bless you and keep you," and I can read it-- but only very slowly!)

Later in the conversation, I asked him about his slight accent and his name, since his first name is obviously French. I had started to wonder... Who is this guy?? Is he French? Well, I definitely wasn't ready for the answer: he's Israeli! (Needless to say, there are not a lot of sabras in central Florida.) That sure gave us a lot more to talk about!

When it was time to go, he asked if he could see me again and gave me a very warm hug.

I don't know what to do... I've been down this road many times before. All I truly have to offer him is friendship, as much as I'd love to explore other options. He asked me if I'm planning to convert (that's definitely the question of the year), and I told him no, that I am a Christian. We shall see how it all unfolds...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go for it, enjoy, "ya never know....."

Friday, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

EmahS--
Really?? I thought for sure you would advise against it.
I just got an email from Alain, as well as a call from him this morning. We set a lunch date for Monday.
:)

Friday, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of things I remember when hubby and I got back together and started "dating" was that we both declared "NO REGRETS" as we were getting back involved (after an almost 3 year break). ANEE-way, like I said, "ya never know...." I know there's the jewish/non factor between you, but you do have the Israel thing going and well, it might be nice for you to get someone from here. Even if it doesn't amount to anything, you may have a new friend. Just have fun.

Saturday, October 28, 2006  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

OOoohh come on! You can't tell me this is not fate!

YOU GO GIRL!!!
:D

Sunday, October 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home