My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Meme

I was tagged by The Lovely Ms. BagelUnderTheCouch to do this meme... I don't have the heart to pass it along to 6 more unsuspecting souls, so if you like it, go ahead and tag yourself!
The meme is "Six Weird Things about You."

1. I'm not Jewish, yet I'm hoping to make aliyah. (Okay, this one was self-evident to anyone who reads my blog, but still-- it qualifies as a weird thing!

2. I defer to my pets when they claim parts of my house, and I get to use the areas they don't claim. For example, Indy spent her days on my vanity table, so for 6 years, I almost never used it, so that I wouldn't be in her way.

3. I can barely stand to pass by a fruit tree without picking and eating some fruit. I restrain myself in Florida's orange groves though, because I don't relish the idea of getting shot.

4. I have a weird phobia: I am absolutely terrified of ice cream trucks! I am not kidding. When I hear that sinister, tinny song, slowly creeping around the block toward me, I am certain that the driver is coming to murder me with a knife. I close the shades, lock the doors, and hide in the closet. I know, it's weird. I have made a little progress with this phobia over the years, but let's just say you will NEVER see me buying ice cream from an ice cream truck!!!

5. I like to eat raw dough: pizza dough, bread dough, whatever. Especially if I can dip it in cinnamon and sugar. Yum!

6. I love it when people are late to meet with me or pick me up, because then I have more time to get ready (since I'm almost always running late myself!)

That's it for my weird side. If you have stuff you'd like to share, do it! And let me know if you did the meme. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Happy New Year, Yaakova.
I hope 2007 brings tranquility to us all. And good health to everyone.

Ok, maybe the ice cream truck thing is a bit weird, but, other then that you are relatively normal!!
I have so many weird idiosyncracies, picking six would be weird itself, but I will try.

1. I have 2 bathrooms in my house, but I can only use one. Even if I am on another floor, I have to go to the "specified" room!
2. If I ever get married, I want a full-blown bowling wedding! At a bowling alley, walking down a lane, the guests can dress casually and everyone can order from the snack bar, and bowl!
3. I expect people to reciprocate kindness and respect. I know that is weird.
4. I HAVE to play 1 game of Freecell as soon as I get on the computer.
5. I count the stairs, everytime I walk them. Even though they may be the same steps I have climbed a bazillion times.
6. I am a Clay Aiken fan and am totally addicted to American Idol! Is that weird or just sick?

Hopefully you won't think I am too crazed to be part of your blogosphere!

Sunday, December 31, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

I keep seeing the "6 weird things about me" lists in the blogosphere-maybe I should list mine...though I don't know how I'd keep it down to only 6!

Sorry the ice cream truck frightens you- to me, that sound takes me back to my childhood on warm summer evenings when all the neighborhood kids were outside, playing. I always thought it was magical the way all those neat ice creams and popsicles were inside the truck!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Maureen-
Sorry for the delayed response! Your 6 weirdnesses show that you are just weird enough to be counted as a friend!!!
I have to admit that the idea of a bowling alley wedding is a little bizarre. Fun, but bizarre. At least it wouldn't be very expensive, which is a definite plus! (Or am I wrong?)
Like you, I expect people to reciprocate kindness and respect. That shouldn't be weird, but apparently it is!

RR-
NO! NOOOOO!!!
STEP AWAY FROM THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!
How anyone could have fond memories of ice cream trucks is absolutely beyond me.
As for me, I remain convinced that the things are part of a terrorist conspiracy! (Just kidding :))

Thursday, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home