My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Friday, January 05, 2007

Big News in Yaakova's World

Hi All,
Well, here's the thing. As I was in Ft. Lauderdale on a layover last week, I got a phone call. My neighbors had found an 8 week old kitten, and would I be interested in having it? So when I returned to Orlando, I went to visit the kitten. He/She, I didn't know which at the time, was a little, unattractive, flea-infested, dirty-eared, sharp-clawed mess with a camel hump on it's back. I declined., Partly because of the kitten, and partly because I don't feel ready yet, and because I plan to adopt an older cat in Israel in May, and on and on.

Fast forward a few days, and my friend called again. The kitten is tired of living in her bathroom. Sure, she can stay with me until we can find a home.

Big mistake. I've gotten rid of the fleas, cleaned the ears, discovered "it" is a "she," gotten rid of the camel hump (which turned out to be the most disgusting abscess EVER, and erupted, and I'll spare you the truly gruesome details! Suffice to say, she's now on antibiotics...), clipped her dagger-sharp claws (much to her chagrin), and fallen in love.

I told my friend that I'd try to find a home for the kitten (who still has no name), but truth be told, I haven't tried very hard. She's a cute and very lively kitten, but she's got the most unattractive markings and coloring that I've ever seen! But is that a reason to send her to a shelter? I don't think so. A bigger concern is that Monaco despises her so far, though the kitten seems to view Monaco (my cat) as a motherly figure. On the other hand, the kitten is afraid of Angel (my dog), but Angel clearly thinks the kitten is her own baby! Actually, kitten and Angel seem to be getting closer all the time.

Here are pictures of the little rascal:




3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Oh my Y, she is ADORABLE!! She is a shayna maidel! I think it is totally fate and she needs you as much as you need her. I think you know what you will do, or you will have done it already. Monaco and Angel will fall in love with her as you have. Whatever you decide to do, I support you.

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Maureen,
Yeah, she's a cutie. And she has really been helping me heal in a huge way, it's amazing.
She's so full of life, with no apologies! She runs all over me, and right up to Monaco... She races and hops all around the house like a little tornado!

If Monaco doesn't object too much, I will keep her. Angel definitely votes for keeping her!

Another weird thing about her: oh nevermind, I'll put it in a meme!

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

You are hopeless!!...I mean that in a good way though!

She is very cute, she has a very pretty little face!

Why do I get the feeling that she is going to be terribly spoilt?? What a lucky girl!

Sunday, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home