My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cute Kitten Photos :)

Yesterday I drove around the neighborhood, trying in vain to find the kitten's family. Finally some other neighbors told me to stop looking for her family, and go home and make her part of mine instead. Okay.

Monaco is doing a bit better with her. And the kitten is no longer afraid of Angel.
Here are some pictures:


Here is no-name kitten looking fetching atop my vanity.

Here is Angel, intently watching the kitten play.

Here she is, sitting on my dresser.

Here she's playing her favorite game, hiding under the ottoman.

And playing "footsie" with me from under the ottoman.

She might need a name. Any ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

How cute!!
How about Corazon, and you can call her Cora, since it is apparent she is your heart now.

Monday, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Maureen,
Thanks for the idea!
As it happens, there is a little complication with that name. When I visit Indy's grave and talk to her, I always tell her "Siempre en mi corazon" before I come inside. So that name kind of makes me sad at this stage.
But you get extra brownie points for not only thinking up a great name, but for coming up with something so heartfelt! (What, do you have ESP?)
I thought about naming her Shayna Maidel, in your honor, but I am concerned that when I go to Israel, people could find that a tad offensive. What do you think?

Monday, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Maureen said...

I had a puppy once that I named Shayna. She was the CUTEST little black lab. Sadly, she ate the linoleum in the kitchen. Even sadder, it perforated her belly and my Shayna had to be put to sleep on my birthday. ;( But Shayna is a cool choice and I would say go for it. Or how about Petutie, since she is a cutie petutie!!

Monday, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home