My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

As Promised: Juicy Details

Yes, I know this is tacky. But I'm going to copy an email just received from Simon, the guy from the post office. I swear to never tell him!

I have to explain one of his comments, as he mentions someone was supposed to be in line between us. What I neglected to write yesterday was that I had placed my package on the floor to hold my place in line, as is a common practice here. A man saw my package and walked right in front of it, skipping line on purpose, then refused to look at me! That's when I asked Simon to save my spot in line.

Here's Simon's email in its entirety, though I did change my name:
____________________________________________________________________

Hi Yaakova, I think we were meant to meet yesterday, you know the old man did not get in our way, he was suppose to be in line between you and me. Anyway, how are you today, did you have a good night sleep? I did not because I was thinking about you, what about a couple of drinks tonight? By the way you really made laugh with your questions at the post office counter...

Ok Yaakova, I hope you're having a great day and hope to hear from you soon, Bye
Simon

_____________________________________________________________________

Well, hmm.. Guess I'll just have to email back and arrange something.

Simon may not be Mr. Right, but he just might be Mr. Right Now!

Update: Here is my response, just emailed to Simon. And yes, I am a very cheeky girl!

Begin:

Hi Simon,
Receiving your email was a nice surprise!

You really want to get together on Halloween?? Isn't that a bit of a risky proposition?! {insert vampire laugh here.} And what if trick-or-treaters knock on my door, and nobody answers?
Yaakova :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Lol! Love the 'insert vampire laugh her' bit!

Have fun tonight with the... er... um... 'drinks'
:P

Tuesday, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Maureen said...

Having a little witches brew? Sounds like you have cast your spell over Simon!
Waiting for the update.......;)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Hi BB and Maureen!
Simon and I went out to lunch! It was very.. civilized. I found out he's an immigration advisor-- was a lawyer in Venezuela-- very well-traveled, divorced with 3 kids. All that was fine, but I don't know yet how I feel about him.

I'll let you know when I figure it out!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

BB-
I was wondering: do people in Australia celebrate Halloween?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME, SO GLAD I HAVE ANOTHER DAYS' POST TO READ, IT'S LIKE TAPING YOUR FAVORITE SHOW ON TV! :)

Thursday, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

EmahS--
LOL! :)
True, it was a bit of a whirlwind...
I haven't worn makeup in a couple of days, and the male half of the species has calmed down a bit. (I flatter myself by thinking those two items are related!)
Tee hee ;)
Thanks for your great comments and support!

Thursday, November 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home