My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

This and That

Hey there bloggers,
The daily goings-on:
  1. I heard back from Mr. Saudi guy today, and I think things may be moving forward. For some reason he didn't get my long and excruciatingly detailed email yesterday, so I re-sent it (as in: re-mailed; Not as in : resentment Oh, the fun of semantics!). He didn't appear to have a problem with having a female Realtor. We'll see...
  2. I worked very hard under the kitchen sink: disassembled all the pipes, used an auger and a "plumbing bladder," unplugged the massive clog, reconnected everything, and "Voila!" It works. Hip Hip Hooray!
  3. Last week my great-uncle said he will try and get a letter from a rabbi for me soon (necessary for my aliyah). A really big Hip Hip Hooray!!
  4. I went to a Realtor's luncheon today, a new condo project. As usual, I wanted to ask the Developers if they could spare some of the crack they're using, since they must be on something pretty good to be asking such high prices in this molasses-slow real estate market. It was a nice luncheon, though.
  5. I've been making my 2007 goals, which are pretty important for me this year, since I'm turning 40 in March. I'll be OK with that, as long as I've accomplished some big things to show for having been alive these last 40 years. (For my 30th birthday, I finished college and acquired my first house. Since I don't have a husband or kids, I try to make really tangible evidence that I'm accomplishing something in this world!)

So here are my personal goals, to be accomplished before March 16, 2007:

  • Finalize my aliyah paperwork and go through the interview at the Jewish Agency in Miami.
  • Purchase my plane ticket to go to Israel in late Spring 2007.
  • Solve my hair issues. (Long? Shoulder-length? Blonde? Darker blonde? Style?? Arggghhh!!!)
  • Lose weight. (I'll spare you the details.)
  • Have my new, dynamic, international business plan well underway. This includes my vastly improved website, advertising on several British websites, advertising in an expensive and risky venue here in Orlando, delivering my PowerPoint presentations to U.S. and U.K. audiences, and possibly flying to the U.K. and Ireland (as in, "the Republic of...") in order to promote my real estate services at trade shows and the like. Whew! I'm getting tired just writing all that.

Well, I guess that's it for the night. Maybe tomorrow I'll write about my annual pilgrimage to family for Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Baleboosteh said...

OMG! I can't believe you fixed your sink all by yourself! I am quite multi talented but not that talented! I wouldn't know where to start with that one, well done!

Mr Bagel wants to know why you didn't call a plumber to check your plumbing? Then went on to say something about 'being single and all'. You know what his sense of humor is like!... and he is still laughing...

Thursday, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

I know! Even though it took me 4 days to complete the job, I was still pretty proud of myself!!

You can tell Mr. Bagel that I'm way better at home repairs than any of the men I've dated. So there. (Although maybe that says less about me than it does about the lacking skills of these men...)

I think it's a by-product of being stubborn and cheap!

Thursday, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home