My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Truffle is Home!!

I picked up Truffle over an hour ago. The surgery went very well.
But talk about stress! Mixing my frightening driving skills with a drugged-up dog on the back seat made for a scary and slow drive home. Then she wouldn't get out of the car. I finally picked her up and got her out.
She's now asleep, after eating and drinking a little. Poor girl, she's been through a lot. And now she faces 8 to 12 weeks of a boring recovery.
It's great to have her home, and to have the surgeries all finished. (We hope!)
I'll keep her as calm as possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Feel better soon Truffle!
Y, I don't know how you are going to give her back to Mom when she returns from safari! She is so a part of your home and heart now. We will be here for you when that time comes.
Reenie (or Mo or Mojo or Moweenie or Womie or Whatever!!!!!!! ;))

Thursday, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Maureen--
You're right! It's going to be hard to give her back.
I have had some experience with that though; I used to provide volunteer foster care to puppies awaiting adoption. THAT was tough... Seeing them through illnesses and surgeries, some just newborns, bonding with them, then giving them up to strangers. At least I know Truffle is going back to a fantastic home, and that I can visit her! Angel may be pretty depressed... they've really bonded.

BTW, my mom will be returning from safari in ? 3-4 days. She doesn't know if she'll be stopping this way on her flights home. But in any case, Truffle will be with me through mid-December, when I'll take her back to Mom. My mother lives right on the ocean, and with a pond for a back yard, and Truffle is not allowed to swim during her recovery. She's used to swimming constantly. Also, Mom lives upstairs, and Truffle can't ascend stairs for a couple months. So all in all... she's my puppy for 6 more weeks!
I'll have to post more about my family sometime soon... they live in an exotic location. :)

Thursday, November 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home