My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Monday, November 27, 2006

Precious Ones,

I apologize for the delay. Life happens. I've been overwhelmed. And after some time passes, one never knows if anyone is even checking the blog anymore. And really, my brain has been filled with veterinary medical care and real estate marketing for quite a few weeks now, and it just doesn't seem like those topics are all that interesting to blog about. But I'll give it a shot.

So Happy Belated Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you had a good one. Mine was interesting. I shlepped the two dogs up to Lake County and spent the night with a friend, and you wouldn't believe how much crap I had to take to keep these dogs comfortable! It was like packing up children's stuff-- toys, baby gate, blanket, food, medicine, medical equipment, snacks. Good grief. It paid off though; they were very happy.

I can't totally say the same for myself, though. My friend Cindy hurt my feelings a few times. Looking back, I can see that she was just stressed about hosting 12 people in her home for the first time, but she wasn't very nice to me. She sort of snapped at me once, and a few times did/said unkind things. And I was very considerate and generous the whole time.

Example: I, a single guest, contributed a magnum of very good Cabernet Sauvignon, rolls, 3 kinds of candy to set out in candy dishes, sweet potato casserole, cranberry bread, and cranberry sauce (homemade, of course!). And of course all the decorations. She had asked me to help, so I did. Did she ever even acknowledge this? No. Instead, she gave me rude comments. Next time I won't be so kind or generous. Some people.

The guests were all nice, and of course dinner was scrumptious. And my team whupped the other team in an after-dinner game of Pictionary. I love that game!

But I sure was ready to come home after that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Y, I am sorry that your Thanksgiving wasn't all it SHOULD have been. You didn't deserve that.
I have been checking your blog daily, eagerly awaiting your updates, and I always find them interesting, so keep blogging. It is your blog, so you can blog about whatever you want. I certainly blog about lame stuff, but what the heck!!
I am GLAD YOU ARE BACK!
I missed you.

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Wow, what a shame, it sounds like you really went to quite a bit of trouble too. Its a bit surprising that after being invited she would then be rude to you?? Maybe it was PMT! Lol!

I'm glad you are back too!

Monday, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home