My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yaakova in Mosaic Form


Here's my likeness in mosaic form. (Hat tip: PsychoToddler)
It seems rather widened, but I don't know how to change that. (Other than a diet, I mean.) :)

Here's a random question: I wonder how the word "mosaic" came to be linked with an art form. Does anyone know? There's the Mosaic covenant, Mosaic law, but Mosaic art? (I don't think Moses had a lot of free time to be perfecting this art form...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

This is an awesome picture. You DON'T need a diet of any sort.
Try googling mosaic art. I tried for for you, but this stupid computer froze up. I learned a little about mosaics in Italy and it is one of my favorite art forms.

Thursday, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Picture Yaakova.

Visit: Bagelblogger

Monday, December 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home