My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a woman who is considering emigration from the USA to Israel. I'm not Jewish, but have enough of a Jewish background to be allowed under the Israeli Law of Return. I am a zionist, but sadly, as a child my main understanding about my family's background was being taught by my grandfather about the Holocaust, and that these were "my people." I wasn't raised with any cultural or religious traditions other than regular American ones. BTW, my real name is not Yaakova--I made the name up. (But I must say, it has a nice ring to it!)

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Assorted tidbits

In case you're wondering, the kitten still doesn't have a name. I can't decide between Shayna, Cali and Cami. Tomorrow is her vet appointment, so maybe I'll have some breakthrough by then.

She is growing so fast! Her latest hobby is jumping on Angel-- from chairs, sofa, bed, whatever. Angel doesn't mind at all.

I'm excited to finally have my website and advertisement up! These two things have taken a lot of time (not to mention money), and they had better be fruitful, since I need to be saving, not spending!! The ad will run in a local magazine, and my web address is www.jshomesforsale.com, if you're curious. :) Feel free to leave me a comment on it!

Speaking of spending, I'm going to Israel on May 3rd for 2-3 weeks. Mom and I will come with one of those (hopefully not too obnoxious) tour groups, and go everywhere, even including Eilat and Petra. Hopefully my great-uncle will also join us. Then I plan to stay a week, whether with or without my family, to scope out some communities.

I'd like to visit Zichron Yaakov, Netanya, Ra'anana, Herzliya, and suburbs of Haifa. I found a nice Realtor named Jeffrey in the Netanya area, and I'd like to meet the Realtor named Liuara, with whom I collaborated last summer during the war-- but I think she mainly covers the Jerusalem area. (If you know of anyone who needs an agent in Jerusalem, I highly recommend her!)

I think that about covers it for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger BagelUndertheCouch said...

ohmygosh, that kitten is SOOOOO CUTE! you should name her bagel, because that's obviously the best name for a kitten...or patches...or boots...or something generic...or whatever.

anyway, good luck on your trip to israel. i'm so jealous--i'd give anything to be back...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Maureen said...

You could call her Pogo, since she likes to jump.

How was her visit to the Vet?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Yaakova said...

Okay, ladies...
I'm not naming her Bagel and certainly not naming her Pogo!!! Nor will I name her "something generic"!! Those were terrible ideas!
Everyone at the vet's voted for Shayna. So her official name is Shayna! She deserves a pretty name; maybe it will make up for her strange markings. (Shhh, don't tell her I wrote that!)
The vet visit was quite dramatic. It deserves its own post. I took both cat and kitten, and both are now very thankful to be back home and safe!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Oh my gosh! Israel for 2-3 weeks?! How lucky are you!

I can't wait til you go, I want lots of photos please!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home